Candied Acorn Squash
- Time 50-60 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds with a spoon. Place squash in a shallow baking pan, cut side down. Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until tender.
- Turn cut side up; season with salt and pepper, spread with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Continue baking 20 minutes more.