- Time 30 minutes prep and
- Serves 6 servings
- 5 Granny Smith Apples - pealed, cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of raisins
- Add dash of cinnamon & nutmeg
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3. In a saucepan put the apples, brown sugar, dash cinnamon and nutmeg and cook the apples until soft and put aside.
- 4. Place the puff pastry on baking sheet and roll lightly with a rolling pin.
- 5. Add the raisins to the apple mixture and place down the middle of the puff pastry lengthwise.
- 6. Fold the pastry lengthwise around the mixture.
- 7. Seal the edges of pastry by using a bit of water on your fingers, and rubbing the pastry edges together.
- 8. Whisk egg and milk together, and brush onto top of pastry.
- 9. Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.