How Do I Make - Pizza Sauce
- Time 35 min
- Serves about 2 cups
- 1 10-12oz can tomato sauce(all natural or home canned, preferred...with no extra additives)
- 1 10-12oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1t honey or brown sugar
- 1T butter
- 1/2t fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1t fresh oregano, finely chopped(can sub about 1/2t dried, if desired)
- 1t fresh basil, finely chopped(can sub as above)
- 2t fresh parsley, chopped(can sub 1t dried)
- 1t Worcestershire sauce
- about 1/4-1t red pepper flakes(to taste)
- about 1/4-1/3 cup water(more if a thinner sauce is desired)
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in small, heavy saucepan.
- Stir well over medium heat to bring to a boil.
- Turn down and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring often, until well blended and desired consistency.