Homestyle Buttermilk CornbreadFrom Fanml4me 6 years ago
How to make it
- Position oven rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine buttermilk, melted butter and egg in small bowl. Mix well.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined. Do not over mix. Pour into prepared (greased) 8X8 baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick tests clean.
- Can easily double recipe - just use 9X13 pan.
The CookFanml4me San Luis Obispo, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!