Coconut-almond Candy Bars
- Time 1 hour
- Serves Makes 25 candy bars
- 3-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups coconut
- 50 blanched whole almonds (about 1/3 cup)
- 1-1/2 pounds dipping chocolate or confectioner's coating
How to make it
- Butter a 12x9-inch piece of foil; set foil aside.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and vanilla.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Turn coconut mixture onto the buttered foil.
- Pat coconut mixture into a 10x5-inch rectangle.
- Cut the mixture into 2x1-inch rectangles.
- Press 2 blanched whole almonds into the top of each rectangle.
- Melt the dipping chocolate or confectioner's coating.
- Carefully dip the rectangles, one at a time, into the melted chocolate.
- Let excess chocolate drip off rectangles.
- Place the dipped rectangles on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper until dry.
- Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place. .