Yummy Budget Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups fresh button mushrooms
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs, I use Italian
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- flour, for shaping
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it
- Place the onions and mushrooms in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the beef, bread crumbs, herbs, tomato paste and seasonings.
- Process a few seconds, until the mixture binds together but still has some "texture".
- Divide the mixture into 8-10 pieces.
- Using floured hands, press the pieces into burger shapes.
- Cook the burgers in a non-stick skillet or even under a hot broiler, for 10-12 minutes, turning once until evenly cooked.
- Serve on a bun with your favorite toppings and condiments.