Spicy Shrimp Soup
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 cups chicken stock (I use home-made)
- 3 stalks lemongrass, white part only, cut in 1" lengths
- 8 lime leaves
- 6 thin slices galangal
- 2 tsp. thinly sliced fresh red chilies
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken stock, lemongrass, lime leaves, galangal and chilies. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes.
- Strain the stock or retreive the lemongrass, lime leaves and galangal.
- Add shrimp and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, or until shrimp is just cooked.
- Stir in lime juice and fish sauce.
- Serve garnished with green onions and cilantro.