Egg Noodles With Cottage Cheese
- Time about 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 container of cottage cheese (500ml)
- 1 bag of flat egg noodles (the wide ones)
- about 4 medium onions
- vegtable oil ( 1 tablespoon)
- salt to preference
- Margarine for frying onions
How to make it
- place a large pot of salted water on the stove to bring to a boil.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil , chop onions into small cubes.
- Melt the margarine in a frying pan , then add the onions.
- Saute the onions until golden brown. Put aside.
- When the noodles are done, drain them and place back in the pot.
- Mix in a small amount of vegtable oil into the pot of cooked noodles, (about one tablespoon)
- Add the cottage cheese, and mix together. cover and let stand for about 5 minutes until the cottage cheese has melted.
- This has been a family favorite and it's a quick delicious side to any meal.. guests have asked me for this recipie often , its that good =)
- I have also added mushrooms , chopped garlic or peppers to this .