Amish Green Tomato Relish
- 2 quarts green tomatoes chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 green peppers diced
- 3 red peppers diced
- 3 cups vinegar
- 5 large onions finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 tablespoons allspice
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoons turmeric
How to make it
- Mix all vegetables in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and let stand 10 minutes then drain well.
- In large pan mix celery seed, mustard seed, turmeric, allspice, sugar and vinegar with vegetables.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and bring to a second boil then remove from heat.
- Fill hot sterile canning jars and seal tightly.