Easy Rumaki 50s Classic
- 1/2 chicken livers
- 9 slices of bacon halved crosswise
- 1 8 oz. can of water chestnuts drained
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
How to make it
- Cut livers in chunks.
- Wrap each bacon piece around a water chestnut and a piece of liver.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- In a medium bowl, sitr soy sauce and curry powder and ginger together.
- Add the rumaki and stir to coat.
- (These days I use a ziploc bag and I can coat them better)
- At serving time, preheat broiler or heat the hibachi grill.
- Drain rumaki and broil, or grill until bacon is crispy and the liver is cooked.
- Serve with desired dipping sauce.
- For some odd reason, this makes me think of James Bond and ice cold martinis. Could be a flashback photo of my youth, watching the adults smoking and having laughs.