How Do I Make - Pork Souvlaki
- Time 15 min + marinating
- Serves 6-8
- 2lbs boneless pork shoulder or loin(I use loin), cut into 1/2-1 inch cubes
- juice from 2-3 lemons(about 1/4 cup or so of juice...I usually go a lil extra)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3T butter, melted
- 2T olive oil
- 2t Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2T fresh Oregano, rubbed and chopped
- 1T fresh mint leaves, rubbed and chopped
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper(I go heavy on this)
- [section]For Serving[/section]
- Flat breads or pitas
- red onion, sliced
- tomatoes, sliced
- tzatziki style sauce(I suggest this one: http://www.grouprecipes.com/76663/easy-greek-tzatziki.html)
- and seasoned french fries, similar to these: http://www.grouprecipes.com/76629/greek-fries.html
- Feta, if you use a traditional tzatziki
How to make it
- In large zipper style bag, combine meat with lemon juice, vinegar, butter, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and mint.
- Let marinate in the fridge at least 4 hours, up to over night, flipping occasionally.
- Remove meat pieces from marinade and skewer on metal or soaked bamboo/wooden skewers.
- Grill or broil about 6 minutes each side, until done.
- Toss the pita breads on the grill, too, to soften slightly, if desired.
- Wrap meat with slices of tomatoes, onions, Greek seasoned fries, and drizzle with tzatziki. Fold up and enjoy! :)