- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 teas Salt
- 3 cups Whole White Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Tbls Yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Stick of Butter
How to make it
- Scald milk and remove from heat. Add Coconut Oil, honey and salt.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Add 1/2 the flour, yeast proof for 5 - 10 minutes
- Add lightly beaten eggs.
- Stir in enough flour to make a batter where you can work it on a board. Place in greased bowl and cover. Let rise until doubled usually 2-3 hours. I like to put it in oven with light on.
- Place on floured board.
- Roll dough into a circle about a half inch thick.
- Spread softened butter over circle
- (I use about 1/2 of a stick of butter for each circle of dough).
- Cut into pie shaped wedges (like cutting a pizza).
- Beginning at round edges, roll tightly and place on greased cookie sheet with the pointed end down. Let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until brown.