Harvest Apple Bundt Cake
- Time 90 minutes
- Serves 16
- 4 medium apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 egg whites beaten till soft peaks form
- 1/2 cup sugar (or substitute)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
How to make it
- In bowl add: sugar, flour, cinnamon & baking powder and set aside.
- Beat egg whites till soft peaks form then slowly add in 1/2 cup sugar.
- Slowly then add: applesauce and vanilla.
- Slowly beat in flour mixture
- Fold in egg white mixture.
- Fold in walnuts, raisin, cranberries and apples.
- Pour into a sprayed bundt pan.
- Bake 1 hour or till knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cook in pan 10-15 minutes
- Invert onto a plate.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar is you wish.
- Cut into 1/2" slices to be heathly!!!!