Pattypan Squash Stuffed With Chicken Sausage & SpinachFrom DetroitTokyo 3 years ago
- 4 large pattypan squash shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 4 oz. chicken specialty sausage (about 2), diced shopping list
- 1 small-medium vidalia onion, diced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 6 oz. baby spinach shopping list
- handful parsley, roughly chopped shopping list
- sea salt & black pepper to taste, freshly ground shopping list
- splash lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated + more for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking dish or sheet with cooking spray.
- Bring 2 quarts of salted water to boil. Add squash and cook for 7 minutes. Remove from water and allow to cool completely. Once cool, carve tops and scoop out middle to create a vessel. Discard hard seeds and dice usable flesh. Be sure to leave the walls at least an inch thick to retain shape. If needed, cut bottom slightly to level.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add sausage and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring, until beginning to brown. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Add spinach and parsley and toss so it begins to wilt. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into squash and sprinkle tops with more cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through and beginning to brown slightly on tops.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!