Easy Ice Cream Cake
- 2 1/4 cups crumbled macaroons. Other cookies, such as chocolate wafers or vanilla cookies can be substituted for the macaroons.
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 5 Heath Bars or 5oz. English toffee, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons coffee liquer
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream,slightly softened
How to make it
- Layer the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with 1 1/4 cups of the macaroons crumbs.
- Spread the chocolate ice cream evenly over the crumbs.
- Sprinkle 4 of the crushed Heath Bars over the ice cream
- Dribble with 3 tablespoons of the chocolate syrup and 2 tablespoons of the coffee liqueur.
- Cover with the remaining 1 cup macaroons
- Layer the vanilla ice cream over the macaroons.
- Top with the remaining crushed Heath Bar, the 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup and the 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur.
- Cover and freeze at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, run the blade of a knife around the edges of the pan, remove the sides and place the ice cream cake on a serving platter. Slice and serve.