Fire Roasted Tomato, Chicken, And Green Chili Soup Or Stew
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4-5 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin (generous)
- 1 tsp thyme (generous)
- 1 pkt Sazon Goya seasoning
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can (4.25 oz) chopped green chilies (undrained)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it
- Saute the onion, garlic, potatoes, carrots, and jalapeno pepper until soft in small amount of olive oil.
- Add the spices/seasoning and continue to saute until well combined.
- Add the cooked shredded or chopped chicken, undrained tomatoes, and undrained chilies.
- Pour in chicken broth and stir well. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and continuing simmering (covered) for 30 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- If you would like to serve this thick as a stew, add a flour or cornstarch slurry at the end of cooking... I used about 1 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with a little bit of cold water.