Vegan Molasses Cookies
- Time 30 min
- Serves 10- 12
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour (145 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (5 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (2.5 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (2.5 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves (1.25 ml)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (.6 ml)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (99 grams)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil (90 ml)
- 2 tablespoons molasses (30 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (2.5 ml)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce (30 ml) –drain on a paper towel, then measure
- Sparkly sugar for flair
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F or 165 degrees C.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
- In a second bowl, mix brown sugar, vegetable oil, molasses, vanilla and apple sauce. Add flour mixture to brown sugar mixture and stir until mixed.
- Using a tablespoon measure, scoop up dough and form nice mounds.
- Place the mounds about 2 ½ inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet (Silpat is okay) and sprinkle tops with sparkly sugar.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minute on sheet, then transfer to wire rack to cool.