- chicken legs or any chicken about 2 cups.
- onions- green chopped up about 1 cup or add as much as you like.
- mrs. dashs orignal seasoning, pepper to taste.
- 1-tsp of chopped garlic. i use the canned garlic.
- salt about 1-2 tbsp.
- celery 4 stocks cup in chunks
- potatoes about 4 lg. cut in chunks.
- carrots cut up into 3 in pieces.
- fresh frozen peas 1-1/2 cups
- garnish with cheese of your choice.
- thickener of your choice to thicken the soup. i use cornstarch.
How to make it
- place chicken into a lg. pot and bring to a boil. boil for about an hr or till done.
- while chicken is boiling, chop veggies. chop them in to big lg. bite size pieces. place celery and onion and carrots in with the chicken and bring to a boil. add seasoning at this time.
- after about 15 minutes add the potatoes and the frozen pea's. bring back to a bowl and cook till all the veggies are cooked.
- mix thickener and pour into pot and bring to a boil and boil for about 10 mins or till the right thickness that you like.
- dish up the soup and serve with a spoonful of cheese. good with garlic bread or biscuits or cornbread.
- i left the skin on the legs but you can remove it but you may have to add chicken broth for flavor to the soup.