Orange Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- zest from 1 orange
- juice from 1 orange
- 1/2 vanilla bean scraped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup rice cereal
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts
How to make it
- 1. Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- 2. Cream butter, sugars and egg. Add in zest and juice from orange, vanilla bean scrapings, and vanilla extract.
- 3. Add dry to wet making sure not to over mix.
- 4. Fold in oats, cereal, cranberries and walnuts.
- 5. Using a tablespoon, spoon onto cookie sheets spacing 1-2 inches apart.
- 6. Bake @ 350F for 10-12 minutes. Tops will not brown!
- 7. Cool on wire racks and store in a tightly sealed container!
- Note: After posting this I decided to use a light glaze made from 2 tbsp orange juice, 1 tsp cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar. Just drizzle across the top after they cool.