* 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained with 2 tbsp liquid reserved
* 3/4 C roasted red peppers
* 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
* 1/4 C tahini
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1/2 tsp onion powder
* 1/4 tsp salt (You may need more if you have unsalted chickpeas.)
* Crushed red pepper, for garnish
How to make it
1.In food processor, pulse garlic cloves until chopped. Scrape sides. Add the chickpeas, chickpea liquid, peppers, lemon juice, tahini, and olive oil. Process until smooth and slightly fluffy. Scraping sides as necessary.
2. Sprinkle in the onion powder and salt. Process until combined.
3. Remove the hummus to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow for flavors to blend.
4. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper before serving.