- 3/4 c. of medium grain rice or long grain rice
- 1 1/2 c of water
- 1/2 c. of sugar
- 1/2 tsp. of vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. of salt (heaping)
- 4 c. of whole milk (I use 2%)
How to make it
- First bring the rice, the water and salt to a boil over med-high heat.
- Then simmer covered until water has been absorbed (approximately 15 min).
- Neext stir in the milk and the sugar and cook uncovered over medium heat for 30-40 min,Stirring frequently especially towards the end of cooking.
- the pudding is done when the rice and milk have amalgamated into a thick porridge-like consistency.
- This does not need toOVERCOOK
- Now remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- turn into a bowl or cups.
- You may sprinkle cinnamon on the top if you like.
- Next COVER with plastic wrap directly on surface"IF" you don't want a skin.
- Let this COOL.