Rosy Lentil Pudding
- 1 1/3 cups red lentils
- 5 1/3 cups coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons rose water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup dates, pitted and halved
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup green pistachios, chopped
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix everything except the dried fruit and nuts in a large dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed, 30-35 minutes.
- Transfer lentils to a large casserole-style pan, stir in nuts and fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve at once, or cool and serve chilled.