Sesame Teriyaki Shrimp Stir-fry
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped (I didn't have enough yellow so I added some green)
- 1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce (or soy sauce)
How to make it
- Combine ginger, cayenne, garlic, sesame seeds, black pepper and sesame oil. Add to cleaned shrimp and "marinate" for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Mix cornstarch and water, add teriyaki sauce. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil and saute bell pepper and onions for 3-4 minutes to soften slightly. Add seasoned shrimp and saute until shrimp are opaque.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until it boils and thickens. Add water chestnuts and heat through.
- Serve over rice garnished with additional sesame seeds and green onion tops, if desired.