Mini Corn Muffins
- 1 c. stoneground corn flour
- 1 c. flour (can use chickpea flour)
- 1 TBS sugar/ honey
- 2 TSP baking powder (+1/2TSP if using chickpea flour)
- pinch of baking soda
- 11/2 TSP salt
- 1/2 c. sour cream or whole milk yogurt
- 1 c. whole milk
- 2 eggs
- optional savory add-ins:
- 1/2 c. onion and 2 cloves garlic, sauteed
- +1 diced jalapeno, no seeds
- +1/2 shredded cheese, 1 TSP cumin, dash cayenne
- or for a sweeter version:
- 2TBS brown sugar & 1 TSP molasses
How to make it
- heat oven to 425
- sift all dry ingredients together
- add in dairy & eggs
- mix until combined [Photo25158]. it's best not to overwork this batter.
- fold in any of the desired add-ins [Photo25159]
- drop about 1TBS batter in each muffin cup. these are way easier to deal with if paper or foil liners are used. if they are not lined, liberally grease cups.
- bake 11-14 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.