Fresh Sage Roast Turkey Legs
- 2 turkey legs
- 1 TBS butter, 1 TBS olive oil
- 8-10 medium-sized fresh sage leaves, stems cut off, sliced
- Pinch of dried thyme leaves
- 1 Knorr chicken cube
- 1/2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- About half a cup of boiling water
- Fresh-ground black pepper
How to make it
- Melt the butter and oil, add sage and thyme, let flavors meld a bit- 1 minute or so.
- Remove from heat; add boiling water, lemon juice and chicken cube; stir until combined.
- Place legs in a greased pan, pour the butter mixture over them, turn to coat all sides.
- Grind pepper over legs.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 175°C/350°F for a good hour, or until tender.
- Uncover, baste, turn heat up to 220°C/425°F and roast until well browned, another perhaps half hour or so.
- Remove roasting pan and pour off juices into a small saucepan.
- Turn oven off, cover turkey legs loosely and return to warm oven.
- Over high heat, reduce pan juices until thickened and creamy in consistency, about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour over legs and serve.