Grilled Pork Verde
- Time ~15min+marinade
- Serves 6
- 2 1/2-3lbs pork steaks or chops(depending on bone in or out)
- 12-14oz salsa verde
- 4-7oz chopped green chilies
- several dashes of favorite hot sauce... I used green Tabasco, of course ;)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2t ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- about 1/4 cup grated or dried minced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2t ancho, pasilla, chipotle or similar mild chili powder
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in large zipper style bag and shake up to mix well.
- Let marinate at least 4 hours, up to 48.
- Cook on hot grill or broiler just until temp reaches 145-150. Let rest a couple minutes before serving.