- thx to:http://www.foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com/pizza-pumpkins/
- Author: Michelle @ From Calculus to Cupcakes
- Pizza Pumpkins
- •1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- •3 Tbsp. pizza sauce
- •12 slices pepperoni slices
- •3 Tbsp. shredded mozzarella cheese
- •2 egg yolks – you need one for each color if you are using different cutters
- •liquid food color
- •black edible marker
How to make it
- 1.Let pie crust come to room temperature.
- 2.Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- 3.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4.Cut pie crust with cookie cutters. I used a large pumpkin shaped cookie cutter and got three pumpkins from each crust, which made three pizza pumpkins.
- 5.On the pumpkin cutouts that will be the tops, draw pumpkin faces using a black edible markers. You could use various colors for other shapes.
- 6.On the pumpkin cutouts that will be the bottoms, spread one tablespoon of sauce on each and top with pepperoni and cheese.
- 7.Place the top pumpkins over the toppings on the bottom pumpkins.
- 8.Press around the edges with a fork to seal.
- 9.Mix food coloring with egg yolks (one yolk per color) to get the desired green and orange colors.
- 10.Paint pumpkins orange and stems green.
- 11.Using a spatula, transfer to prepared pan.
- 12.Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden