12 - Grain Buttermilk Pancakes
- Time 10 minutes
- Serves 15
- [section]Dry Mix (Makes 5 cups)[/section]
- 2 cups 12-grain flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 (1-g) packets stevia
- 2 ¼ tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp maca powder (use gelatinized or roasted for optimum absorption)
- 2 tbsp dried whole egg powder
- ¼ cup buttermilk powder
- [section]For one (4-child serving) batch of pancakes:[/section]
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil or melted butter
- 1 cup low fat milk (or buttermilk!)
- 1 1/3 cups 12-Grain Buttermilk Pancake Mix
How to make it
- [section]Dry Mix[/section]
- Whisk all the ingredients together. Store in an airtight container in the pantry or fridge.
- [section]To make one (4-child serving) batch of pancakes:[/section]
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, oil or butter, milk and pancake mix.
- Stir with a whisk until moistened but still lumpy.
- Cook on a hot, greased griddle until cooked through.