Cacao Coconut Pistachio Biscotti
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance coconut butter, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ tsp coconut extract
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment or silpat.
- Whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pistachios and cacao nibs.
- Pour in the almond milk, then add the melted Earth Balance, vanilla and coconut extracts. Stir well - dough should be very stiff but cohesive.
- Shape into a flattened log and place on the sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- With a sharp, serrated knife (I used my mom's awesome CUTCO bread knife), slice the log on a bias, arranging the pieces (cut side down) back on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip carefully and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Cool completely - they will crisp as they cool.