- 1 cup brown rice flour (may use AP flour if desired)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp melted butter - cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla, and egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just until incorporated.
- Heat a skillet (or griddle/griddle pan if you have it) over medium heat. Add butter (oil or even cooking spray work too).
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter into skillet. Turn when bubbles form on surface and edges begin to dry. Cook on other side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- I had to cook in batches so I placed them on a plate tented in foil to keep warm.