Tender Cut - Out Cookies
- 1/3 cup butter-flavoured shortening
- 1/3 cup vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp soy milk powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch nutmeg
How to make it
- Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in flour, milk powder, baking powder, salt and nutmeg at low speed until well blended. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line three baking sheets with parchment.
- Roll out half the dough at a time to 1/8” between sheets of waxed paper and cut out with cookie cutters.
- Place 2” apart on the sheets.
- Bake 8-9 minutes, until set. Cool on the sheets for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack.