Farro With Leeks And Balsamic Roasted Brussels SproutsFrom PongoUSA 4 years ago
- 450 grams Brussels sprouts, bottom stems trimmed off and quartered shopping list
- 2 tablesp. olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 tablesp. balsamic vinegar, divided shopping list
- 1 cup Dried farro ( I used 10 min. farro from Trader Joe's ) shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 large leek, dark green part removed, halved and sliced into 1/8th inch halfrounds, crosswise shopping list
- 1 teasp. rosemary or herbes de provence shopping list
- 2 teasp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- sea salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 390 F. Toss the Brussels sprouts with one tablespoon each olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Arrange sprouts on a foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for approximately 30 minutes, or until they're browning slightly.
- Heat remaining tablespoon olive oil in a medium sized pot. Saute leeks
- for 8 minutes, or until translucent. Add farro and toast for a minute or two, stirring frequently. Add broth to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Let simmer until all liquid has been absorbed, approximately 25 - 20 minutes. Stir in the brussels sprouts, the dijon mustard, the rosemary, and a little extra balsamic vinegar if you like things tart. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Note : If using regular farro, simmer grains with lids on pot, slightly ajar.