Frituras De Yautía Y Queso Parmesano (yautia And Parmesan Cheese Fritters)
- Time 20 Mins
- Serves Makes 16
- 1 1/2 Lb White Yautia, Peeled, Rinsed and Grated (About 3 Cups)
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp Annatto Lard or Oil Shortening
How to make it
- Blend well all the ingredients
- On a piece of greased wax paper put two tbsp of the mixture and shape with a spatula or knife into a croquette-like shape.
- Deep fry in the shortening in a caldero or deep skillet in one uncrowed layer, 4 mins on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm either as a snack or side dish.