1 1/8 cup fruit juice/soy milk (or other liquid - even tea or strong coffee)
1-1.5 tsp vanilla
How to make it
1. Combine dry ingredients.
2. Add wet ingredients.
3. Line a large pan with parchment to make it easier to transfer the cake and/or clean the pan.
4. Bake for 45- 50 minutes at 350 F.
5. Test doneness with a toothpick/knife.
I doubled the original recipe to fill a sheet cake pan. Good basic cake recipe. One bowl preparation - easy to improvise on. I've added:
• mashed bananas
• chopped fruit
• instant coffee - maybe 1-3 tsp, dissolved in a little hot water...
• a bag of chocolate chips (white, dark - whatever) - the chips tend to sink, so add them to the flour and mix to coat them before you add the rest of the ingredients.
• banana and choc. chips.
• 1-1.5 tsp of cinnamon
• lemon juice
• glazed with coffee or lemon glaze (add liquid to powdered sugar)
• cocoa and choc chips - (if you use cocoa, increase the amount of oil to 1 cup, increase the sugar).
• crumb topping - involves combining margarine, flour, brown sugar, white sugar, a little salt, cinnamon, and maybe other spices, (and possibly baking soda) then distributing over the top. So a Google for proportions...
• I've made the cake with whole wheat flour and brown sugar...
• You could probably use applesauce or pureed banana instead of oil…