Red Velvet Fudge
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp gel red food colouring
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp salted butter
How to make it
- Mix sugars, buttermilk, cocoa and food colouring in a heavy saucepan.
- Whisk until well blended and place on medium high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring almost constantly.
- Cook until the mixture hits 243-244F.
- Stop stirring and remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla at this time but do not stir in.
- Cool until mixture reaches less than 150F.
- With an electric mixer (I recommend a stand mixer with the paddle attachment) beat for 10 minutes, until fudge loses it sheen.
- Pour into a well greased, foil lined 9x5" loaf pan.
- Chill 2-3 hours, until firm.