Best Ever Marinara Sauce
- Time 40 - 45 minutes
- Serves ----
- 500g passata
- 3 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons of dried mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoons of sugar
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
How to make it
- 1. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil and fry the onions on medium low heat till translucent and soft.
- 2. Add in the garlic and stir for about 15 – 20 seconds to cook slightly.
- 3. Add in the passata and stir.
- 4. Add in the dried mixed herbs, chilli flakes, salt, sugar and black pepper.
- 5. Cover and put on low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure nothing sticks to the bottom of the saucepan.
- 6. When the sauce has thickened nicely, stir in the freshly chopped basil leaves and serve.