Stew Chicken Legs With Chinese Mushroom And Carrots
Time 3 Hours to 12 Hours
400 to 500g of Chicken Legs. Chop off the nails.
2 Carrots cut in small cubes
13 Chinese DRY Mushrooms - Soaked in hot water
1 Whole Garlic - Washed clean
300ml of Chicken Broth or Water
1 Stick of Cinnamon
2 Tbsp of Corn Flour diluted with water
1 Large Chili - chopped fine.
2 Tsp of Cooking Oil
2 Dash of White Pepper
4 Tbsp of Light Soy Sauce
1 Tsp of Sesame Oil (Roasted)
2 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce
3 to 6 Tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce or Caramel Sauce
1 Tbsp of Chinese Rice Wine or White Wine
2 - 3 Dried Shallots - finely chipped
5 Cloves of garlic - finely chopped
3 pieces of Star Anise
2 Tsp of Ginger (Young) - Finely Chopped.
How to make it
1. Denails the chicken legs by chopping it off with a large kitchen knife.
Make sure you wash the chicken legs thoroughly and cut off any yellow looking skin.
2. Soak the Chinese mushroom in hot water (half cup) until both side is soft. The colour of the skin will turn darker about 45 mins to 1 hour. Cut off the mushroom stalk once the mushroom are soft. Keep the mushroom water.
3. Place the legs into a Zip Lock or seal bag together with the Marinade Mixture. Marinade it at least 1 hour (I had mine overnight).
4. Mix all the ingredients Sauce A in a bowl to make a thick paste.
5. Prepare all the ingredients in Seasoning and place them in a small plate.
1. Thermal Magic Cooker or Steel Pot or Medium size wok.
1. Heat up the oil in medium heat and put in the Seasoning. Stir fry until fragrant.
2. Add chicken legs and chili. Stir fry for about 3 minutes in medium high heat.
3. Pour in Sauce A, chicken broth, mushroom water, mushroom, carrots and mix it up nicely. Turn up to High heat.
4. Make sure the water covers up the chicken legs if not, add a bit of water .
5. Simmer for 20 minutes or until it starts to boil. Stir occasionally but gently.
6. Mix in the diluted Corn Flour and crushed Cinnamon stick. Cook for another 20 minutes for it to thicken up.
7. Pour and serve hot.
[section]Thermal Magic Cooker[/section]
7. Once it is boiling, transfer the pot into the Thermal Magic Cooker and let it cook for another 30 minutes. For best results, I let it cook for another 8 hours or overnight. The texture will be very soft and yummy.