Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1t vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 3t baking powder
- 2t salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- large grain raw sugar to sprinkle over top
How to make it
- Toss berries with about 1/2 cup of the flour until well mixed and berries are mostly coated. Set aside.
- Cream butter with granulated and white sugar until well blended.
- Add zest from the lemon, juice from 1/2 the lemon and the vanilla and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix again.
- Combine remaining flour, baking soda and salt and add slowly to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Mix gently while adding.
- Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9X13 glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle the batter with the raw sugar(even better if you use thishttp://www.grouprecipes.com/122069/vanilla-extract-and-vanilla-sugar.html:)
- Bake in a 350 oven for 45-55 minutes until tooth pick comes out almost clean.
- Let rest in pan for a few minutes then cut to serve.