Ginger Molasses Cookies To Die For
- Time 30 minutes
- Serves 72
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. crystallized ginger chips (I crushed mine a bit in a ziplock baggie)
- Extra sugar for coating cookies (I used crystallized but regular is fine, too)
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until combined.
- Add in the eggs and molasses, and beat until combined.
- Then slowly add in the dry ingredient mixture until combined.
- Fold in the ginger chips.
- Roll the dough into small balls (about 1″ in diameter – or less).
- Fill a small bowl with sugar and roll each ball in the sugar until it is completely coated.
- Place on lined cookie sheet and bake for about 8-10 minutes. Once they are done, remove from the oven and let cool for a minute or two. Then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.