Slow Cooker Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
How to make it
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except for lime juice and taco sauce.
- In a separate bowl combine taco sauce and lime juice.
- Cover one side of the chicken breasts with enough cheese mixture to coat.
- Roll breasts over mixture.
- Spray the slow cooker with veggie spray.
- Carefully place the chicken breasts, seam side sown, in the slow cooker.
- Pour in the remaining cheese mixture.
- Glaze with the taco sauce mixture.
- Cover, and cook 6 hours on low or 3 hours on High.
- Serve with Spanish rice.