Jetts Sweet Potato CobblerFrom jett2whit 5 months ago
- 2 lb sweet potatoes (peeled) shopping list
- 3 1/2 Cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups white granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 3/4 Cup butter or margarine shopping list
- Choose your own crust BUT I went the easy route and used a shopping list
- frozen deep dish pie crust and broke it up and placed it on top. shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and slice potatoes 1/4 inch thick.
- In a saucepan with the 3 1/2 Cups water, cook sweet potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain all liquid and save it! Don't throw this out!
- Layer potatoes in a well greased 13 X 9 inch pan
- Add in reserved liquid (1 1/2 cups)
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle this over the potatoes.
- Dot with butter and cover with your pastry crust.
- Sprinkle crust with a little bit of sugar.
- I’ve learned… that people will forget what you said, will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
Comfort Foods769 members
A Slice Of Pie126 members
Family Favourites134 members
All Holidays135 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Coffee Talk123 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
Pie Lovers Of The World105 members
Little Rascals Favorites52 members