Jetts Sweet Potato Cobbler
- Time 35 minutes
- Serves 8-10
- 2 lb Sweet Potatoes (peeled)
- 3 1/2 Cups water
- 1 1/2 Cups white granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Butter or Margarine
- Choose your own crust BUT I went the easy route and used a
- frozen deep dish pie crust and broke it up and placed it on top.
How to make it
- Peel and slice potatoes 1/4 inch thick.
- In a saucepan with the 3 1/2 Cups water, cook sweet potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain all liquid and save it! Don't throw this out!
- Layer potatoes in a well greased 13 X 9 inch pan
- Add in reserved liquid (1 1/2 cups)
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle this over the potatoes.
- Dot with butter and cover with your pastry crust.
- Sprinkle crust with a little bit of sugar.
- I’ve learned… that people will forget what you said, will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.