Hard Root Beer Jelly
- Time 30 minutes
- Serves (5) 8 oz. jars
- 3 c. Hard Root Beer
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 pkg. powdered pectin
- 2 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 t. butter
How to make it
- Combine hard root beer, lemon juice and powdered pectin in a deep saucepan, whisking until pectin is dissolved.
- Combine sugar and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Bring root beer mixture and butter to a boil over high heat.
- Add sugar mixture all at once and return to a hard boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and process in jars in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes.