- 2 tbsp oil
- 12 lamb kebabs/meatballs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 bruised cardamom pods (elachi)
- 2 large green chillies sliced through the centre
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tsp roasted cumin (jeera)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (hurdhee)
- 1 tsp chilli powder/masala
- 4 tsp garam masala
- 800g (2 cans) chopped tomatoes (further blended until smooth)
- 2 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
How to make it
- In a large frying, heat 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- Fry kebabs on high heat for 1 minute on each side and a further
- 2 minutes on each side on low heat.
- Set aside in a covered bowl/pot
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp oil.
- Add onions, bay leaves, cardamom. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add chillies, garlic and cumin. Fry for 1 min.
- Mix in rest of spices and fry for 1min or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 2 min
- Add sugar and simmer for further 20 min.
- Add kebabs and simmer until fully cooked (about 5 min)
- Add salt to taste.