North Croatian Simple Tomato Sauce
- 500 g tomato (strained juice or package 500 g)
- 1 tablespoon oil (or lard)
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 g celery leaves (or one branch green celery)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 g salt
- ½ cup water
How to make it
- Heat oil and add flour. Fry until slight brown (or 1-2 minutes).
- Add gently some water and make creamy liquid. Add all tomato juice, salt, sugar and celery branch.
- Add the rest of the water. It is cooked after 20 minutes, but you can cook more if you want (do not burn it).
- Remove celery branch before serving.