Mexican Style Hot Pickled Carrots
- Time about 3 or 4 hours
- Serves 6 to 8 would be a gu
- thx to :Hillbilly CAST IRON Cooking: on facebook
- Mexican Style Hot Pickled Carrots
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 quarts warm water...
- 7 ounces whole canned jalapeno peppers, with liquid
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
How to make it
- Put carrots in a large 3 or 4-quart pot. Add warm water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
- To pot, add the peppers, onions, oregano, garlic, vinegar, bay leaves and salt.
- Let cool for 2-3 hours. Put in jars and place in refrigerator. These will keep for a week after opening jar.
- Can also be kept in airtight containers in refrigerator.