Mango Slaw With Cashews And Mint
- Time 45 minutes
- Serves 6-8
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and julienned
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds Napa cabbage, halved and sliced very thinly
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 T of fresh lime juice, from about two limes
- 1/4 c rice vinegar
- 2 t oil of your choice
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes, or to taste (or omit this and whisk in a chile paste to taste)
- 1/4 c thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 c toasted cashews, coarsely chopped
How to make it
- Toss mangoes, cabbage, pepper and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk lime juice, vinegar, oil, salt and red pepper in a smaller bowl and pour over slaw.
- You can either serve this immediately or leave the flavors to muddle for an hour in the fridge. Before serving, toss with mint leaves and sprinkle with cashews.