Sunset® Vegetarian Couscous-stuffed Sweet Twister™From twohot 7 months ago
- ingredients shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable or low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp curry powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry couscous shopping list
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained well shopping list
- 2 large ribs celery, diced 1/4″ shopping list
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- - shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet with pan spray. Slit the peppers down the center of the top of the pepper, from stem to near the tip, leaving the stem intact. Gently spread peppers open and carefully remove seeds. Season the inside of the peppers lightly with salt.
- In a small saucepan, combine broth, salt, olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder, garlic and cayenne pepper. Bring to a quick boil over high heat. Stir in couscous. Immediately remove from heat and quickly cover with a tight-fitting lid or plastic wrap. Set a timer for 15 minutes.
- When couscous is cooked, remove lid and fluff with a fork. Place couscous in a large bowl, add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Divide mixture among peppers and lightly pack into peppers. Place on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Chef's Notes
- Add chopped fresh basil or dill to the filling for a delicious twist
- - See more at: http://www.sunsetgrown.com/recipes/sunset-vegetarian-couscous-stuffed-sweet-twister/#sthash.imBIzJ21.dpuf
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!