Onion PowderFrom tuilelaith 7 months ago
How to make it
- Peel the dried skins off the onions, and then cut each onion into approximately one-eighth-inch-thick, round slices.
- Separate the slices into individual rings and put them in your solar or electric dehydrator (an oven set to a low temperature will also work).
- You will know the onions are sufficiently dried when you can pick up a ring and break it like a potato chip.
- After the onion rings are totally dry, place them in an airtight bag or container until you’re ready to use them.
- When you need some fresh onion powder, remove a few of the rings from the airtight container and grind them in your blender, food processor or coffee grinder until they’re powdery.
- A mortar and pestle will also work.
- If you wait to grind the powder until right before you use it, then it will be freshest.
- You can use homemade onion powder in cooking the same way you use store-bought onion powder, only the taste is fresher and more pungent.
- Use onion powder in soups or stews, on popcorn in place of salt, or mixed into dips and salad dressings.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!