Pecan SandiesFrom maryelizlawson 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325^F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the shortening, sugar, and salt with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- While mixing, slowly add the flour, baking soda, and water.
- Chop the pecans into very small bits using a food processor or blender on low speed. The pieces should be about the size of rice grains.
- Add the pecans to the dough and knead with your hands until the pecans are wll blended into the mixture.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and press flat with your hands onto ungreased baking sheets. The cookies should be about 2-inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick,
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are goldn brown.
The Cookmaryelizlawson Columbus, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!